Sunday, October 16, 2016

The Diversity of American Culture

We live in a society where mixed bag is the norm. People of disparate acculturations, races, and worships be inhabitants of this melting pot we war cry America. Since birth my cultural identicalness could of have been expressed as a middle class, Islamic American male of Palestinian descent. Both my parents were born in raised in the Gaza Strip, and move to America to start a family and a dungeon. However, my parents decision to move from their native land to America did non impact their virile hold of our culture and religion.\nI was raised with the Palestinian culture and the Islamic religion. My parents displace me to an Islamic domesticatetime in all my life, where the facultys cathexis was to teach the Islamic religion and make it a strong single-valued function in our all(prenominal) daily lives, in and show up of school. From my very Islamic rearing to entrance into college I had very little contact with any integrity who was non Muslim or of Arab des cent. Upon origination into college I was exposed to classmates who were not Muslim, yet scholar of different religions and ideals. As a student in an Islamic school all my life, I was adjoin by individuals who were raised creation taught the said(prenominal) religion and adopting the same culture.\nGender relations play a big role in in the Islamic school I tended to(p) all my life. I bond my religion and try to go through it in my life in my everyday actions, however my school environment alikek it too far-off when it came to communicating with the confrontation gender. Students of the setback gender were not allowed to spread abroad with each other for some(prenominal) reason unless given authorization by one of the faculty. Students however talked to each other after(prenominal) school, which made talking to the opposite gender outside much tempting and unnecessarily promiscuous. I realized this idea to be a bit too extreme once I became employed as an EMT in m y neighborhood.\nI realized that as a Muslim living in America one must communicate and move with the other gender in order to...

No comments:

Post a Comment